|§ 10201.102||Prior approval for outside employment or activity|
Terms Used In 5 CFR Part 10201 - Supplemental Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the U.S. Office of Special Counsel
- Administrator: means the Administrator of Agricultural Marketing Service. See 7 CFR 51.2
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Department: means the U. See 7 CFR 51.2
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Grade: means a class or rank of quality. See 7 CFR 51.2
- Inspection service: means :
(1) The Service established and conducted under the regulations in this part for the determination and certification or other identification as to the grade, the quality and/or condition of fresh fruits or vegetables and related products including the condition of container. See 7 CFR 51.2
- Inspector: means any employee of the Department authorized by the Secretary or any other person licensed by the Secretary, to investigate, sample, inspect, and certify, in accordance with the regulations in this part, to any interested party the quality, quantity and/or condition of any fresh product covered in this part, and to perform related duties in connection with the inspection service. See 7 CFR 51.2
- Person: means any individual, partnership, association, business trust, corporation, any organized group of persons (whether incorporated or not), the United States (including, but not limited to, any corporate agencies thereof), and any State, county, or municipal government, any common carrier, and any authorized agent of any of the foregoing. See 7 CFR 51.2
- Quality: means the combination of the inherent properties or attributes of a product which determines its relative degree of excellence. See 7 CFR 51.2
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.