|§ 1011.400||What does a successful applicant receive?|
|§ 1011.405||What are the restrictions on display and use of the HIRE Vets Medallion Award?|
Terms Used In CFR > Title 20 > CHAPTER IX > PART 1011 > Subpart E - Design and Display
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.