(a) In general
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Comptroller of the Currency, the National Credit Union Administration Board, the Federal Housing Finance Agency, the Office of Financial Research, and the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, the 1 Farm Credit Administration, in establishing and adjusting schedules of compensation and benefits which are to be determined solely by each agency under applicable provisions of law, shall inform the heads of the other agencies and the Congress of such compensation and benefits and shall seek to maintain comparability regarding compensation and benefits.
(b) Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Terms Used In 12 USC 1833b
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- deposit: means --
(1) the unpaid balance of money or its equivalent received or held by a bank or savings association in the usual course of business and for which it has given or is obligated to give credit, either conditionally or unconditionally, to a commercial, checking, savings, time, or thrift account, or which is evidenced by its certificate of deposit, thrift certificate, investment certificate, certificate of indebtedness, or other similar name, or a check or draft drawn against a deposit account and certified by the bank or savings association, or a letter of credit or a traveler's check on which the bank or savings association is primarily liable: Provided, That, without limiting the generality of the term "money or its equivalent" any such account or instrument must be regarded as evidencing the receipt of the equivalent of money when credited or issued in exchange for checks or drafts or for a promissory note upon which the person obtaining any such credit or instrument is primarily or secondarily liable, or for a charge against a deposit account, or in settlement of checks, drafts, or other instruments forwarded to such bank or savings association for collection. See 26 USC 82
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- National Credit Union Administration: The federal regulatory agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. (NCUA also administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which insures the deposits of federal credit unions.) Source: OCC
In establishing and adjusting schedules of compensation and benefits for employees of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission under applicable provisions of law, the Commission shall–
(1) inform the heads of the agencies referred to in subsection (a) and Congress of such compensation and benefits; and
(2) seek to maintain comparability with those agencies regarding compensation and benefits.