California Codes > Financial Code > Division 1 > Chapter 2 – Transition Provisions
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In California Codes > Financial Code > Division 1 > Chapter 2 - Transition Provisions
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Bonds: as used in this chapter means the written evidence of any obligation incurred by the board payable out of revenues as provided in this chapter in order to secure funds with which to carry out the purposes of this chapter irrespective of the form of such obligation whether in the form of bonds, notes, debentures, interest bearing certificates or other forms prescribed by the board. See California Government Code 26486
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- license: means license, certificate, registration, or other means to engage in a business or profession regulated by this code or referred to in Section 1000 or 3600. See California Business and Professions Code 23.7
- Revenue: as used in this chapter shall mean all fees, rates, charges, rentals or other income and revenue actually received or receivable by or for the account of the board from the operation of any particular project including without limiting the generality of the foregoing interest allowed on any moneys or securities and any proceeds derived from the sale of any securities and any consideration in any way derived from the particular project owned, operated or maintained by the board. See California Government Code 26487
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Food and Agriculture. See California Food and Agricultural Code 35