As used in this subchapter–
(1) The term “Administrator” means the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
(2) The term “Chairman” means the Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission.
(3) The term “off-road vehicle” means any motorized vehicle designed for, or capable of, cross-country travel on or immediately over land, water, sand, snow, ice, marsh, swampland, or other natural terrain; but such term does not include–
(A) any registered motorboat at the option of each State;
(B) any military, fire, emergency, or law enforcement vehicle when used for emergency purposes; and
(C) any vehicle the use of which is expressly authorized by the Secretary of the Interior or the Secretary of Agriculture under a permit, lease, license, or contract.
(4) The term “public land” means all lands, under the respective jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Interior, the Secretary of Agriculture, the Chairman, and the Administrator, except land which is, or hereafter may be, within or designated as–
(A) a military reservation;
(B) a unit of the National Park System;
(C) an area within the national wildlife refuge system;
(D) an Indian reservation; or
(E) an area within an Indian reservation or land held in trust by the United States for an Indian or Indian tribe.
(5) The term “State agency” means the agency or agencies of a State responsible for the administration of the fish and game laws of the State.
(6) The term “conservation and rehabilitation programs” means to utilize those methods and procedures which are necessary to protect, conserve, and enhance wildlife, fish, and game resources to the maximum extent practicable on public lands subject to this subchapter consistent with any overall land use and management plans for the lands involved. Such methods and procedures shall include, but shall not be limited to, all activities associated with scientific resources management such as protection, research, census, law enforcement, habitat management, propagation, live trapping and transplantation, and regulated taking in conformance with the provisions of this subchapter. Nothing in this term shall be construed as diminishing the authority or jurisdiction of the States with respect to the management of resident species of fish, wildlife, or game, except as otherwise provided by law.
Terms Used In 16 USC 670k
- Administrator: means the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. See 16 USC 670k
- Chairman: means the Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission. See 16 USC 670k
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- vehicle: includes every description of carriage or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on land. See 1 USC 4