There are hereby authorized to be appropriated such sums as may be necessary for the Secretary of State to provide for fiscal year 1983 and beyond, by contract, grant, or otherwise, facilities for office and any other necessary space for the Commission. Such facilities shall be located on or near the campus of the University of Washington in the State of Washington and shall be provided without regard to the cost-sharing provisions in the Convention.
Terms Used In 16 USC 773k
- Commission: means the International Pacific Halibut Commission provided for by article III of the Convention. See
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Convention: means the Convention between the United States of America and Canada for the Preservation of the Halibut Fishery of the Northern Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea, signed at Ottawa, Canada on March 2, 1953, as amended by the Protocol Amending the Convention, signed at Washington March 29, 1979, and includes the regulations promulgated thereunder. See
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Commerce. See