Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 16 > Chapter 10C
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Chairperson: means the Chairperson of the Council. See 10 USC 7016
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- foreign nonbank financial company: means a company (other than a company that is, or is treated in the United States as, a bank holding company) that is--
(i) incorporated or organized in a country other than the United States. See 10 USC 7016
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- member agency: means an agency represented by a voting member of the Council. See 10 USC 7016
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- nonbank financial company: means a U. See 10 USC 7016
- nonbank financial company supervised by the Board of Governors: means a nonbank financial company that the Council has determined under section 5323 of this title shall be supervised by the Board of Governors. See 10 USC 7016
- Office of Financial Research: means the office established under section 5342 of this title. See 10 USC 7016
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- subsidiary: include only the United States activities and subsidiaries of such foreign company, except as otherwise provided. See 10 USC 7016
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.