Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 16 > Chapter 10C
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- export trade: means trade or commerce in goods, wares, merchandise, or services exported, or in the course of being exported, from the United States or any territory thereof to any foreign nation,
(2) the term "service" means intangible economic output, including, but not limited to--
(A) business, repair, and amusement services,
(B) management, legal, engineering, architectural, and other professional services, and
(C) financial, insurance, transportation, informational and any other data-based services, and communication services,
(3) the term "export trade activities" means activities or agreements in the course of export trade,
(4) the term "methods of operation" means any method by which a person conducts or proposes to conduct export trade,
(5) the term "person" means an individual who is a resident of the United States. See 15 USC 4021
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.