The Secretary of Agriculture shall establish 1 or more centers for the purpose of carrying on a program of research and experimentation–
(1) to determine species of fishes most suitable for culture on a commercial basis in shallow reservoirs and flooded rice lands;
(2) to determine methods for production of fingerling fishes for stocking in commercial reservoirs;
(3) to develop methods for the control of parasites and diseases of brood fishes and of fingerlings prior to stocking;
(4) to develop economical methods for raising the more desirable species of fishes to a marketable size;
(5) to determine, in cooperation with the Secretary of the Interior, the effects of fish-rice rotations, including crops other than rice commonly grown on rice farms, upon both the fish and other crops; and
(6) to develop suitable methods for harvesting the fish crop and preparing it for marketing, including a study of sport fishing as a means of such harvest.