Terms Used In 51 USC 70702
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- vehicle: includes every description of carriage or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on land. See 1 USC 4
(1) a space shuttle;
(2) the International Space Station or its operational viability;
(3) any other orbital or suborbital space vehicle carrying humans that is–
(A) owned by the Federal Government; or
(B) being used pursuant to a contract or Space Act Agreement with the Federal Government for carrying a government astronaut or a researcher funded by the Federal Government; or
(4) a crew member or passenger of any space vehicle described in this subsection.