It shall be the duty of each warehouseman, broker, cleaner, sheller, dealer, growers’ cooperative association, crusher, salter, manufacturer of peanut products, and owner other than the original producer of peanuts to furnish reports, complete and correct to the best of his knowledge, on the quantity of peanuts and peanut oil received, processed, shipped, and owned by him or in his possession. Such reports, when and as requested by the Secretary, shall be furnished within the time prescribed and in accordance with forms provided by him for the purpose. Any person required by this chapter, or the regulations promulgated thereunder, to furnish reports or information, and any officer, agent, or employee thereof, who shall refuse to give such reports or information or shall willfully give answers that are false and misleading, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction thereof shall be fined not less than $300 nor more than $1,000, or imprisoned not more than one year, or be subject to both such fine and imprisonment.
Terms Used In 7 USC 953
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See 19 USC 2295
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 19 USC 2291
- person: includes individuals, partnerships, corporations, and associations. See 10 USC 820
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Agriculture. See 10 USC 820