(a) Denial of visas
Except as otherwise provided in section 6091 of title 22, and subject to subsection (b), the Secretary of State may deny the issuance of a visa to any alien who–
Terms Used In 8 USC 1182d
- alien: means any person not a citizen or national of the United States. See 8 USC 1101
- national: means a person owing permanent allegiance to a state. See 8 USC 1101
- person: means an individual or an organization. See 8 USC 1101
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- State: includes the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands of the United States, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. See 8 USC 1101
- United States: except as otherwise specifically herein provided, when used in a geographical sense, means the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands of the United States, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. See 8 USC 1101
(1) through the abuse of position, including a governmental or political party position, converts or has converted for personal gain real property that has been confiscated or expropriated, a claim to which is owned by a national of the United States, or who is complicit in such a conversion; or
(2) induces any of the actions or omissions described in paragraph (1) by any person.
Subsection (a) shall not apply to–
(1) any country established by international mandate through the United Nations; or
(2) any territory recognized by the United States Government to be in dispute.
(c) Reporting requirement
Not later than 6 months after October 21, 1998, and every 12 months thereafter, the Secretary of State shall submit to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and to the chairman of the Committee on Foreign Relations of the Senate a report, including–
(1) a list of aliens who have been denied a visa under this subsection; and
(2) a list of aliens who could have been denied a visa under subsection (a) but were issued a visa and an explanation as to why each such visa was issued.