|Subchapter III||Additional Authorities and Requirements|
|Subchapter IV||Natural Gas Curtailment Policies|
|Subchapter V||Administration, Enforcement, and Review|
|Subchapter VI||Coordination With Natural Gas Act; Miscellaneous Provisions|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 60
- Administrator: means the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. See 15 USC 2602
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Cigarette: means --
(1) any roll of tobacco wrapped in paper or in any substance not containing tobacco, and
(2) any roll of tobacco wrapped in any substance containing tobacco which, because of its appearance, the type of tobacco used in the filler, or its packaging and labeling, is likely to be offered to, or purchased by, consumers as a cigarette described in paragraph (1). See 26 USC 5702
- Civil forfeiture: The loss of ownership of property used to conduct illegal activity.
- Commission: means the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. See 22 USC 3203
- Commission: means the International Pacific Halibut Commission provided for by article III of the Convention. See 16 USC 773
- Convention: means the Convention between the United States of America and Canada for the Preservation of the Halibut Fishery of the Northern Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea, signed at Ottawa, Canada on March 2, 1953, as amended by the Protocol Amending the Convention, signed at Washington March 29, 1979, and includes the regulations promulgated thereunder. See 16 USC 773
- Convention waters: means the maritime areas off the west coast of the United States and Canada described in article I of the Convention. See 16 USC 773
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Export warehouse: means a bonded internal revenue warehouse for the storage of tobacco products or cigarette papers or tubes or any processed tobacco, upon which the internal revenue tax has not been paid, for subsequent shipment to a foreign country, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, or a possession of the United States, or for consumption beyond the jurisdiction of the internal revenue laws of the United States. See 26 USC 5702
- Export warehouse proprietor: means any person who operates an export warehouse. See 26 USC 5702
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: A federal law, established in 1971 and revised in 1997, that gives consumers the right to see their credit records and correct any mistakes. Source: OCC
- Fishery conservation zone: means the fishery conservation zone of the United States established by section 1811 1 of this title. See 16 USC 773
- Fishing vessel: means --
(1) any vessel engaged in catching fish in Convention waters or in processing or transporting fish loaded in Convention waters. See 16 USC 773
- Grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- Halibut: means fish of the species Hippoglossus stenolepis inhabiting Convention waters. See 16 USC 773
- Importer: means any person in the United States to whom nontaxpaid tobacco products or cigarette papers or tubes, or any processed tobacco, manufactured in a foreign country, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, or a possession of the United States are shipped or consigned. See 26 USC 5702
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Interrogatories: Written questions asked by one party of an opposing party, who must answer them in writing under oath; a discovery device in a lawsuit.
- nuclear materials and equipment: means source material, special nuclear material, production facilities, utilization facilities, and components, items or substances determined to have significance for nuclear explosive purposes pursuant to subsection 109b 1 of the 1954 Act [42 U. See 22 USC 3203
- process: means the preparation of a chemical substance or mixture, after its manufacture, for distribution in commerce--
(A) in the same form or physical state as, or in a different form or physical state from, that in which it was received by the person so preparing such substance or mixture, or
(B) as part of an article containing the chemical substance or mixture. See 15 USC 2602
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Commerce. See 16 USC 773
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Health and Human Services. See 42 USC 201
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: includes , in addition to the several States, only the District of Columbia, Guam, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands. See 42 USC 201
- State: means any State of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, the Canal Zone, American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands, or any other territory or possession of the United States. See 15 USC 2602
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.
- Tobacco products: means cigars, cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, pipe tobacco, and roll-your-own tobacco. See 26 USC 5702
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Treaty: means the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. See 22 USC 3203
- United States: when used in the geographic sense, means all of the States. See 15 USC 2602
- User fees: Fees charged to users of goods or services provided by the government. In levying or authorizing these fees, the legislature determines whether the revenue should go into the treasury or should be available to the agency providing the goods or services.