Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 71
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Health and Human Services. See
- Service: means the Public Health Service. See
- State: includes , in addition to the several States, only the District of Columbia, Guam, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands. See