|§ 2461||Findings and purpose|
|§ 2463||Prohibition of Antarctic mineral resource activities|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 16 > Chapter 44B
- agricultural research: means research in the food and agricultural sciences. See 19 USC 508
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- cooperative extension services: means the organizations established at the land-grant colleges and universities under the Smith-Lever Act of May 8, 1914 (38 Stat. See 19 USC 508
- Department of Agriculture: means the United States Department of Agriculture. See 19 USC 508
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- extension: means the informal education programs conducted in the States in cooperation with the Department of Agriculture. See 19 USC 508
- food and agricultural sciences: means basic, applied, and developmental research, extension, and teaching activities in food and fiber, agricultural, renewable energy and natural resources, forestry, and physical and social sciences, including activities relating to the following:
(A) Animal health, production, and well-being. See 19 USC 508
- Freedom of Information Act: A federal law that mandates that all the records created and kept by federal agencies in the executive branch of government must be open for public inspection and copying. The only exceptions are those records that fall into one of nine exempted categories listed in the statute. Source: OCC
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Agriculture of the United States. See 19 USC 508
- State: means --
(A) a State. See 19 USC 508
- State agricultural experiment stations: means those institutions eligible to receive funds under the Act of March 2, 1887 (24 Stat. See 19 USC 508
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- university: include a research foundation maintained by a college or university described in subparagraph (A). See 19 USC 508
- Victim advocate: work with prosecutors and assist the victims of a crime.