|§ 18001||Immediate access to insurance for uninsured individuals with a preexisting condition|
|§ 18002||Reinsurance for early retirees|
|§ 18003||Immediate information that allows consumers to identify affordable coverage options|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 157 > Subchapter I
- appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See 1 USC 5
- beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 1 USC 8