|§ 5000A||Requirement to maintain minimum essential coverage|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 26 > Subtitle D > Chapter 48
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- employee: shall include a full-time life insurance salesman who is considered an employee for the purpose of chapter 21. See 38 USC 1912
- fiscal year: means an accounting period of 12 months ending on the last day of any month other than December. See 38 USC 1912
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- including: when used in a definition contained in this title shall not be deemed to exclude other things otherwise within the meaning of the term defined. See 38 USC 1912
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 19 USC 2297
- joint return: means a single return made jointly under section 6013 by a husband and wife. See 38 USC 1912
- levy: includes the power of distraint and seizure by any means. See 38 USC 1912
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate. See 38 USC 1912
- State: shall be construed to include the District of Columbia, where such construction is necessary to carry out provisions of this title. See 38 USC 1912
- taxable year: means the calendar year, or the fiscal year ending during such calendar year, upon the basis of which the taxable income is computed under subtitle A. See 38 USC 1912
- taxpayer: means any person subject to any internal revenue tax. See 38 USC 1912
- United States: when used in a geographical sense includes only the States and the District of Columbia. See 38 USC 1912