|§ 1761||Foreign markets; collection of information|
|§ 1764||Reports and dispatches|
|§ 1765||Foreign service appropriations; applicability|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 7 > Chapter 43 > Subchapter I
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- handler: means any person who handles honey. See
- honey: means the nectar and saccharine exudations of plants which are gathered, modified, and stored in the comb by honey bees. See
- Honey Board: means the board provided for under section 4606(c) of this title. See
- honey products: means products produced, in whole or part, from honey. See
- importer: means any person who imports honey or honey products into the United States or acts as an agent, broker, or consignee for any person or nation that produces honey outside of the United States for sale in the United States and who is listed in the import records as the importer of record for such honey or honey products. See
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- marketing: means the sale or other disposition in commerce of honey or honey products. See
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See
- person: means any individual, group of individuals, partnership, corporation, association, cooperative, or any other entity. See
- producer: means any person who produces honey in the United States for sale in commerce. See
- producer-packer: means any person who is both a producer and handler of honey. See
- promotion: means any action, including paid advertising, pursuant to this chapter, to present a favorable image for honey or honey products to the public with the express intent of improving the competitive position and stimulating sales of honey or honey products. See
- Remand: When an appellate court sends a case back to a lower court for further proceedings.
- research: means any type of research designed to advance the image, desirability, usage, marketability, production, or quality of honey or honey products. See
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Agriculture. See
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: means any of the several States, the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.