The following terms, wherever used in this article, shall have the following respective meanings, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 24-1-101
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
(1) AUTHORITY or HOUSING AUTHORITY. Any corporate body created pursuant to this article or this chapter.
(2) MUNICIPALITY. Any city or incorporated town in the state.
(3) FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. The United States of America or any agency or instrumentality thereof.
(4) GOVERNING BODY. The legislative body, council, board of commissioners, county commission, or other body charged with governing the city, town, or county, as the case may be.