Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 6 > Division 5
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- assessed value: means 25 percent of full value to, and including, the 1980-81 fiscal year, and 100 percent of full value for the 1981-82 fiscal year and fiscal years thereafter. See California Education Code 19460.5
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 17321
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- fictitious business name: means :
California Government Code 53398.14
- general partner: means :
California Government Code 53398.15
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- manager: means a manager of a limited liability company. See California Government Code 53398.16
- person: includes individuals, limited liability companies, partnerships and other associations, and corporations. See California Government Code 53398.17
- registrant: means a person or entity who is filing or has filed a fictitious business name statement, and who is the legal owner of the business. See California Government Code 53398.18