(a) “Calendar quarter,” as used in this chapter, means the period of three consecutive calendar months ending on March 31, June 30, September 30 or December 31, except as the secretary shall by regulation otherwise prescribe.
Terms Used In Alabama Code 25-4-4
- Contributions: as used in this chapter , means the money payments to the State Unemployment Compensation Fund, required by this chapter, on the basis of a percentage of wages. See Alabama Code 25-4-5
- Fund: as used in this chapter , means the Unemployment Compensation Fund established by this chapter, to which all contributions and payments in lieu of contributions and from which all benefits required under this chapter shall be paid. See Alabama Code 25-4-12
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Payments in lieu of contributions: as used in this chapter , means the money payments to the State Unemployment Compensation Fund, required by this chapter, from employers who reimburse the fund for the amount of regular benefits and extended benefits paid that is attributable to service in the employ of such employers as is required by this chapter. See Alabama Code 25-4-5
- Secretary: as used in this chapter , means the Secretary of Labor or his authorized representatives; except, that during any interim in which there is no duly appointed and qualified Secretary of Labor, the same shall mean the Director of Unemployment Compensation, provided for in Section 25-2-3. See Alabama Code 25-4-6
- year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
(b) “Fiscal year,” as used in this chapter, shall mean the 12 consecutive month period beginning October 1 of each calendar year for employers who make payments in lieu of contributions to the fund. For contributory employers, “fiscal year,” as used in this chapter, shall mean the 12 consecutive month period beginning July 1 of each calendar year beginning January 1, 1996 and thereafter.