This Unauthorized Insurers Process Act shall not apply as to surplus line insurance lawfully effectuated under this title nor to any action or proceeding against an unauthorized insurer arising out of:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 27-10-55
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(1) Wet marine and transportation insurance;
(2) Insurance on, or with respect to, subjects located, resident or to be performed wholly outside this state or on, or with respect to, vehicles or aircraft owned and principally garaged outside this state;
(3) Insurance on property or operations of railroads engaged in interstate commerce; or
(4) Insurance on aircraft or cargo of such aircraft or against liability, other than employer’s liability, arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of such aircraft where the policy or contract contains a provision designating the commissioner as its attorney for the acceptance of service of lawful process in any action or proceeding instituted by, or on behalf of, an insured or beneficiary arising out of any such policy or contract or where the insurer enters a general appearance in any such action or proceeding.