Alabama Code 34-13A-7. Powers and duties of board
The board may do all of the following:
Attorney's NoteUnder the Alabama Code, punishments for crimes depend on the classification. In the case of this section:
|Violation||up to 30 days||up to $200|
Terms Used In Alabama Code 34-13A-7
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(1) Determine the qualifications and fitness of applicants for licensure and renewal of licensure.
(2) Consistent with the laws of this state, adopt and revise rules as necessary to conduct its business, carry out its duties, and administer this chapter.
(3) Examine for, approve, issue, deny, revoke, suspend, sanction, and renew the license of any applicant or genetic counselor, as applicable, pursuant to this chapter and conduct hearings in connection with those actions.
(4) Conduct hearings on complaints concerning violations of this chapter, and any rule adopted pursuant to this chapter, and cause the prosecution and enjoinder of any violation.
(5) Establish licensure, application, examination, certification, and other administrative fees as necessary.
(6) Establish continuing education requirements.
(7) Impose administrative fines, not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000) per violation, for a violation of this chapter, a board rule, or a condition of a license.
(8) Accept grants from foundations, individuals, and institutions to further the purposes of the board.
(9) To the extent funding is available, employ a director and additional staff as necessary for the proper performance of the duties of the board.