Alabama Code > Title 34 > Chapter 13A – Alabama Genetic Counselor Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 34 > Chapter 13A - Alabama Genetic Counselor Act
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- expenses: shall include the following items and any other items approved as reimbursable expenses by the Election Expense Reimbursement Committee pursuant to Section 17-16-2. See Alabama Code 17-16-2
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Legislative session: That part of a chamber's daily session in which it considers legislative business (bills, resolutions, and actions related thereto).
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 1-1-1