Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 37 > Chapter 15 > Part VIII – Genetic Counselors
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 37 > Chapter 15 > Part VIII - Genetic Counselors
- Advisory committee: means the Louisiana Genetic Counselor Advisory Committee. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:1360.101
- Board: means the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:1360.101
- Collaborating physician: means a physician who has entered into a collaborative practice agreement with a genetic counselor. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:1360.101
- Collaborative practice agreement: means a document established by a genetic counselor and a collaborating physician which governs the professional relationship between the genetic counselor and the physician. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:1360.101
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, acting directly through its duly authorized officers and agents, or whatever state board, official, or body may hereafter be authorized by law to exercise the functions now devolving upon it under the law. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:451
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Genetic counseling: means any of the following actions by a genetic counselor that occur through and as a result of communication between the genetic counselor and a patient:
(a) Obtaining and evaluating individual, family, and medical histories to determine genetic risk for genetic or medical conditions and diseases in a patient, his offspring, and other family members. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:1360.101
- Genetic counselor: means an individual who is licensed pursuant to this Part to provide genetic counseling. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:1360.101
- Genetic supervision: refers to the assessment by an individual who is licensed pursuant to this Part or a physician who is licensed pursuant to Part I of this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:1360.101
- Motor vehicle: means every vehicle, as herein defined, which is self propelled. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:451
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Vehicle: means every device in, upon, or by which any person, property, or thing is or may be transported or drawn upon a public highway excepting devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks; provided, that for the purpose of this Chapter, a bicycle or a ridden animal shall not be deemed a vehicle, and provided further that a trailer or semitrailer shall be held and deemed each to be and constitute a separate vehicle. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:451