It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, corporation or association to sell, offer for sale or keep for sale in the State of Alabama reclaimed or re-refined oil, as defined in this division, unless such oil is in a container bearing a label on which there shall be expressed the brand or trade name of the oil, the name and address of the person, firm, corporation or association who has reclaimed, reprocessed or re-refined such oil and placed it in the container, the S.A.E. (Society of Automotive Engineers) viscosity number, the net quantity of each container expressed in standard liquid measure and the words “reclaimed oil” or “re-refined oil” in letters as large and conspicuous as any other letters thereon, except the trade name of such oil, and such letters shall not be obscured by other words, legend, color or otherwise.
(Acts 1951, No. 923, p. 1571, §1.)
Terms Used In Alabama Code 8-17-111
- brand: The trade name or other designation under which a particular petroleum product is sold, offered for sale, or otherwise identified. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- person: Any natural person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, receiver, trust, estate, or other entity as well as any other group or combination thereof acting as a unit. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- re-refined oil: as used in this division , shall mean any lubricating oil, lubricant or motor lubricating oil which has been previously used, in whole or in part, when such oil has been reprocessed, re-refined or in any manner reclaimed, regardless of the quality of the oil, the method of reprocessing, re-refining or reclaiming of the oil or of the intended use of such oil. See Alabama Code 8-17-110
- state: The State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 8-17-80