|§ 20 ILCS 608/1||Short title|
|§ 20 ILCS 608/5||Goal|
|§ 20 ILCS 608/10||Executive Office|
|§ 20 ILCS 608/15||Providing Information and Expediting Permit Reviews|
|§ 20 ILCS 608/20||Review of rules and regulations; reporting|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 20 ILCS 608 - Business Assistance and Regulatory Reform Act
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Heretofore: means any time previous to the day on which the statute takes effect; and the word "hereafter" at any time after such day. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.17
- Joint committee: Committees including membership from both houses of teh legislature. Joint committees are usually established with narrow jurisdictions and normally lack authority to report legislation.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Units of local government: has the meaning established in Section 1 of Article VII of the Constitution of the State of Illinois of 1970. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.28