For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 8-19F-2
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(1) CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Information related to the play of a fantasy contest by fantasy contest players obtained as a result of, or by virtue of, a person‘s employment.
(2) ENTRY FEE. Cash or cash equivalent that is required to be paid by a fantasy contest player to a fantasy contest operator in order to participate in a fantasy contest.
(3) FANTASY CONTEST. A simulated game of skill in which both of the following are true:
a. Winning outcomes are determined predominately by accumulated statistical results of performance of individual athletes in actual sporting events.
b. Winning outcomes are not based on the score, point spread, or any performance of any single actual sports team or combination of teams or solely on any single performance of an individual athlete in any single sporting event.
(4) FANTASY CONTEST OPERATOR. A person or entity that offers fantasy contests with an entry fee for a cash prize to the general public.
(5) FANTASY CONTEST PLAYER. A person who participates in a fantasy contest offered by a fantasy contest operator.
(6) GROSS FANTASY CONTEST REVENUES. The amount equal to the total of all entry fees that a fantasy contest operator collects from all fantasy contest players, less the total of all sums paid out as winning to all fantasy contest players multiplied by the location percentage for this state.
(7) LOCATION PERCENTAGE. The percentage, rounded to the nearest tenth of a percent, of the total of all entry fees collected from fantasy contest players located in this state, divided by the total entry fees collected from all fantasy contest players in fantasy contests.
(8) NATIONAL GROSS FANTASY CONTEST REVENUES. The amount equal to the total of all entry fees that a fantasy contest operator collects from all fantasy contest players located in the United States, less the total of all sums paid out as winnings to all fantasy contest players.
(9) REGULATOR. The Office of the Attorney General.