Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 8 > Chapter 19F - Fantasy Contests Act
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- person: Any individual, firm, joint venture, partnership, corporation, association, or joint stock association and includes any trustee, receiver, assignee, or personal representative thereof engaged in the transportation of hazardous liquids. See Alabama Code 37-4-90
- seafoods: shall include and mean all oysters, saltwater fish, saltwater shrimp, diamond back terrapin, sea turtle, crabs and all other species of marine or saltwater animal life existing or living in the water within the territorial jurisdiction of the State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 9-2-80
- Whips: Assistants to the floor leaders who are also elected by their party conferences. The Majority and Minority Whips (and their assistants) are responsible for mobilizing votes within their parties on major issues. In the absence of a party floor leader, the whip often serves as acting floor leader.