Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 46A > Article 6D - Prizes and Gifts
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Handling charge: means any charge, fee or sum of money which is paid by a consumer to receive a prize, gift or any item of value, including, but not limited to, promotional fees, redemption fees, registration fees or delivery costs. See West Virginia Code 46A-6D-2
- in writing: include any representation of words, letters or figures, whether by printing, engraving, writing or otherwise. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- item: means any item or service with monetary value. See West Virginia Code 46A-6D-2
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any natural person, corporation, trust, partnership, association and any other legal entity. See West Virginia Code 46A-6D-2