Terms Used In Ohio Code > Chapter 3774 - Regulation of Fantasy Contests
- Bond: includes an undertaking. See Ohio Code 1.02
- Commission: means the Ohio casino control commission. See Ohio Code 3774.01
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Entry fee: means cash or cash equivalent that a fantasy contest operator requires to be paid by a fantasy contest player to participate in a fantasy contest. See Ohio Code 3774.01
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fantasy contest: means a simulated game or contest with an entry fee that satisfies all of the following conditions:
(1) The value of all prizes and awards offered to winning fantasy contest players is established and made known to the players in advance of the contest. See Ohio Code 3774.01
- Fantasy contest operator: means a person that offers fantasy contests with an entry fee for a prize or award to the general public. See Ohio Code 3774.01
- Fantasy contest platform: means any digital or online method through which a fantasy contest operator provides access to a fantasy contest. See Ohio Code 3774.01
- Fantasy contest player: means a person who participates in a fantasy contest offered by a fantasy contest operator. See Ohio Code 3774.01
- Key employee: means a person, employed by a fantasy contest operator, who is responsible for ensuring, and has the authority necessary to ensure, that all requirements under this chapter and the rules adopted under this chapter and division (L) of section 3772. See Ohio Code 3774.01
- Material nonpublic information: means information related to the play of a fantasy contest by a fantasy contest player that is not readily available to the general public and is obtained as a result of a person's employment. See Ohio Code 3774.01
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, and association. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Rule: includes regulation. See Ohio Code 1.59
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59