|§ 15-16-1||Defense of insanity to be by special plea|
|§ 15-16-2||Presumption of responsibility for acts; burden of proving irresponsibility|
|§ 15-16-3||Costs of moving prisoners to be defrayed by state; recovery of costs by state|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 15 > Chapter 16 > Article 1
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: Any alcoholic, spirituous, vinous, fermented, or other alcoholic beverage, or combination of liquors and mixed liquor, a part of which is spirituous, vinous, fermented, or otherwise alcoholic, and all drinks or drinkable liquids, preparations or mixtures intended for beverage purposes, which contain one-half of one percent or more of alcohol by volume, and shall include liquor, beer, and wine. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- Arraignment: A proceeding in which an individual who is accused of committing a crime is brought into court, told of the charges, and asked to plead guilty or not guilty.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- municipality: Any incorporated city or town of this state to include its police jurisdiction. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- population: The population according to the last preceding or any subsequent decennial census of the United States, except where a municipality is incorporated subsequent to the last census, in which event, its population until the next decennial census shall be the population of the municipality as determined by the judge of probate of the county as the official population on the date of its incorporation. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1