|15A-1321||Automatic civil commitment of defendants found not guilty by reason of insanity|
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 15A > Article 80
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- month: shall be construed to mean a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed; and the word "year" a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed; and the word "year" alone shall be equivalent to the expression "year of our Lord. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- property: shall include all property, both real and personal. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.