Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 15 > Chapter 17 - Verdict
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Authority: means the Anniston Downtown Development Authority, a public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this part. See Alabama Code 45-8A-20.01
- Board: means the board of directors of the authority. See Alabama Code 45-8A-20.01
- Bonds: means and shall include bonds, notes, and certificates representing an obligation to pay money. See Alabama Code 45-8A-20.01
- City: means the City of Anniston, Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-8A-20.01
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- State: means the State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-8A-20.01
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.