|§ 16-31-1||Established; amount; use|
|§ 16-31-2||Fund paid to institution designated|
|§ 16-31-3||Credit to account of beneficiary|
|§ 16-31-4||Appropriation from Education Trust Fund|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 31
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- costs: When used with reference to or in connection with any public facility or any portion thereof, include all or any part of the cost of acquiring, constructing, altering, enlarging, extending, reconstructing, or remodeling such public facility, including the cost of all lands, structures, real or personal property, rights, rights-of-way, franchises, easements, permits, licenses, and interests acquired or used for, in connection with or with respect to such public facility, the cost of demolishing or removing any buildings or structures on land so acquired, including the cost of acquiring land to which such buildings or structures may be moved, the cost of all machinery, equipment, furniture, furnishings, and fixtures acquired or used for, in connection with or with respect to such public facility, the cost of architectural, engineering, financial, and legal services incurred in connection with the acquisition or construction of all or any part of such public facility and the financing thereof, including the expenses of preparing plans, specifications, surveys, and studies to determine the financial or engineering feasibility of such public facility, the cost of selling bonds, notes, warrants, or other debt instruments issued to finance such public facility or to refund debt previously incurred for such purpose, including underwriters' commissions and discounts, printing costs, fees of rating services, fees and disbursements of attorneys, accountants, financial advisors and other consultants, fees and disbursements of trustees and escrow agents, and other incidental expenses, the costs of insurance, letters of credit or other third party commitments for the payment of such bonds, notes, warrants, or other debt instruments obtained in order to enhance the marketability thereof, capitalized interest on money borrowed to pay the costs of such public facility prior to, during and for a period of not exceeding six months following the estimated completion of the acquisition or construction of such public facility, amounts used to fund reserves for the payment of debt service, repair and replacement costs and operating expenses, and such other expenses as may be incident to the acquisition, construction, and financing of such public facility and the placement thereof in operation. See Alabama Code 45-22-100.01
- county: Any county in the State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-22-100.01
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- FEDERAL OBLIGATIONS: (i) Direct general obligations of the United States of America or (ii) obligations the payment of the principal of and interest on which is unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by the United States of America. See Alabama Code 45-22-100.01
- PLEDGED FUNDS: When used with reference to any warrants issued by any county pursuant to the provisions of this chapter, any taxes, revenues, or other funds pledged pursuant to Section 11-28-3 for the payment of the principal of and interest on such warrants, irrespective of whether such warrants constitute general obligations of such county or limited obligations payable solely from the taxes, revenues, or other funds so pledged. See Alabama Code 45-22-100.01
- PUBLIC FACILITIES: When used with reference to or in connection with any county, any or all of the following facilities which such county may at any time have been or be authorized to acquire, by construction, purchase, or otherwise, pursuant to any laws other than this chapter, or facilities that a municipality may have been or be authorized to acquire, including all land and all easements and other rights or interests in land necessary or desirable for such facilities:
a. See Alabama Code 45-22-100.01
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- REFUNDABLE DEBT: With respect to any county, (i) any debt of such county evidenced by warrants issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter and (ii) any valid debt of such county that is evidenced by bonds, notes, warrants or other instruments issued pursuant to laws other than this chapter and that was initially incurred to pay the costs of public facilities or to refund debt that, through one or more prior refundings, was initially incurred to pay the costs of public facilities. See Alabama Code 45-22-100.01