Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 21 > Article 12 - General Scholarships and Grants
- Americans with Disabilities Act: refers to the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U. See Indiana Code 4-13-1.1-1
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- award: means any monetary grant made by the commission from:
Indiana Code 21-12-1.5-2
- commissioner: refers to the commissioner of the Indiana department of administration. See Indiana Code 4-13-1.1-2
- department: refers to the Indiana department of administration created under IC § 4-13-1-2. See Indiana Code 4-13-1.1-3
- downtown: refers to :
Indiana Code 4-13-1.1-4
- education loan: has the meaning set forth in IC § 21-16-1-5. See Indiana Code 21-12-15-2
- eligible student: refers to an individual described in section 1 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 21-12-1.5-3
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- program: means the next generation Hoosier educators scholarship program established by section 2 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 21-12-16-1
- publicly supported school: means the following:
Indiana Code 21-12-10-1
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- state agency: means an authority, board, branch, commission, committee, department, division, or other instrumentality of the executive, including the administrative, department of state government. See Indiana Code 4-13-1-1
- veteran: includes "Hoosier veteran" and applies to the construction of all Indiana statutes, unless the construction is expressly excluded by the terms of the statute, is plainly repugnant to the intent of the general assembly or of the context of the statute, or is inconsistent with federal law. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5