Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 21 > Article 13
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- bid: includes a quotation. See Indiana Code 4-13-18-2
- child: means a person who:
Indiana Code 4-13-19-1
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- contractor: refers to a person who:
Indiana Code 4-13-18-3
- department: refers to the Indiana department of administration established by IC 4-13-1-2. See Indiana Code 4-13-17-1
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- fund: refers to the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics teacher recruitment fund established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 21-13-11-2
- Highway: includes county bridges and state and county roads, unless otherwise expressly provided. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- licensed physician: means an individual:
Indiana Code 21-13-9-1
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- ombudsman: means :
Indiana Code 4-13-19-2
- primary care: means the practice of medicine in any of the following areas:
Indiana Code 21-13-9-2
- primary care physician: means a physician who practices in any of the following areas:
Indiana Code 21-13-6-1
- public works contract: refers to :
Indiana Code 4-13-18-4
- scholarship: refers to the William A. See Indiana Code 21-13-2-0.5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5