Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 33
- blind person: means a natural person who has no vision or whose vision with correcting glasses is so defective as to prevent the performance of ordinary activities for which eyesight is essential, or who has central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with correcting glasses, or whose central visual acuity is more than 20/200 in the better eye with correcting glasses but whose peripheral field has contracted to such an extent that the widest diameter of the visual field subtends an angular distance no greater than 20 degrees. See Alabama Code 30-3D-610
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- FISCAL YEAR: The fiscal year of the state as may from time to time be provided by law. See Alabama Code 45-22-161
- fund: The "County Government Capital Improvement Fund. See Alabama Code 45-22-161
- FUND CAPITAL: All assets of the "fund. See Alabama Code 45-22-161
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- state: The State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-22-161
- TRUST INCOME: The net income received by the state, subsequent to the transfer of the initial trust capital by the State Treasurer to the board of trustees of the trust fund, from the investment and reinvestment of all assets of the trust fund, determined in accordance with the provisions of Amendment Number 450 of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901. See Alabama Code 45-22-161