|§ 27-49-1||Short title|
|§ 27-49-2||Legislative findings|
|§ 27-49-4||Obstetricians and gynecologists as primary care physicians; direct access to obstetrician and gynecologist not used as primary care physicians|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 27 > Chapter 49
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Capital offense: A crime punishable by death.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- HEALTH BENEFIT PLAN: Any individual or group plan, policy, or contract for health care services issued, delivered, issued for delivery, renewed in this state by a health care insurer, health maintenance organization, accident and sickness insurer, fraternal benefit society, nonprofit hospital service corporation, nonprofit medical service corporation, health care service plan, or any other person, firm, corporation, joint venture, or other similar business entity that pays for, purchases, or furnishes health care services to patients, insureds, or beneficiaries in this state. See Alabama Code 27-49-3
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN: A physician who has the responsibility for providing initial and primary care to patients, for maintaining the continuity of patient care, and for initiating referrals for specialist care. See Alabama Code 27-49-3
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.