|Article 1||Alabama Health Insurance Plan||27-52-1 – 27-52-6|
|Article 2||Alabama Small Employer Allocation Program||27-52-20 – 27-52-21|
|Article 3||Regulation of Plan and Program||27-52-30|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 27 > Chapter 52
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- commissioner: The Alabama Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- department: The Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- gasoline: Any product commonly or commercially known as gasoline, regardless of classification, that is advertised, offered for sale, or sold for use as or used as motor fuel in an internal combustion engine, including gasohol and blended fuel which contains gasoline. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- Lawsuit: A legal action started by a plaintiff against a defendant based on a complaint that the defendant failed to perform a legal duty, resulting in harm to the plaintiff.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: Any natural person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, receiver, trust, estate, or other entity as well as any other group or combination thereof acting as a unit. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- PETROLEUM PRODUCTS: Gasoline, diesel fuel, and lubricating oil. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- preceding: means next before. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- state: The State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 8-17-80