|§ 27-58-2||Coverage for annual screening|
|§ 27-58-3||Screening provider requirements|
|§ 27-58-4||Benefits subject to annual deductible, coinsurance, exclusions, reductions, etc|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 27 > Chapter 58
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- HEALTH BENEFIT PLAN: Any individual or group plan, employee welfare benefit plan, policy, or contract for health care services issued, delivered, issued for delivery, or renewed in this state by a health care insurer, health maintenance organization, accident and sickness insurer, fraternal benefit society, nonprofit hospital service corporation, nonprofit medical service corporation, health care service plan, or any other person, firm, corporation, joint venture, or other similar business entity that pays for insureds or beneficiaries in this state. See Alabama Code 27-58-1
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- SCREENING FOR THE EARLY DETECTION OF PROSTATE CANCER: At a minimum, a prostate-specific antigen blood test and a digital rectal examination. See Alabama Code 27-58-1
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.