Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 2 > Chapter 6B - the Alabama Family Farm Preservation Act
- Commercial or nongame fish: as used in this article shall be limited to those freshwater fish designated as such by the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources and all species of saltwater fish. See Alabama Code 9-11-170
- Legacy: A gift of property made by will.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- officer: The term includes every person authorized to enforce the game and fish laws of this state, and whenever the possession, use, importation, transportation, storage, sale, offering, or exposing for sale of game birds, animals, or fish is prohibited or restricted, the prohibition or restriction shall extend to and include every part of the game, bird, animal, or fish, and a violation as to each animal, bird, or fish, or part thereof, shall be a separate offense. See Alabama Code 9-11-1
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Spearing: as used in this article shall be limited to the use of a spear or similar instrument that is held in the hand of the person using same and the use of a weapon, other than a firearm, which propels or forces a projectile, arrow or similar device therefrom to which a wire, rope, line, cord or other means of recovering the propelled projectile, arrow or similar device is attached and is secured to the weapon or to the person using the weapon. See Alabama Code 9-11-170