Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 31 > Chapter 3
- ALABAMA NATIONAL GUARDSMEN: The officers and men commissioned or enlisted in the Alabama National Guard, army or air, as defined in Section 31-2-3. See Alabama Code 16-25-10.3
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- AWARDING AUTHORITY: The State Board of Adjustment, created and existing pursuant to Article 4 of Chapter 9 of Title 41 of this Code. See Alabama Code 16-25-10.3
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- DEPENDENT CHILD: An unmarried child under the age of 18 years, or one over that age who is physically or mentally incapacitated from earning. See Alabama Code 16-25-10.3
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.