|§ 1||Short title|
|§ 5||Committee; created; mandate|
|§ 99||Effective date|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 45 ILCS 175 - Military Family Interstate Compact Implementation Statute Drafting Advisory Committee Act
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Freedom of Information Act: A federal law that mandates that all the records created and kept by federal agencies in the executive branch of government must be open for public inspection and copying. The only exceptions are those records that fall into one of nine exempted categories listed in the statute. Source: OCC
- Month: means a calendar month, and the word "year" a calendar year unless otherwise expressed; and the word "year" alone, is equivalent to the expression "year of our Lord. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.10
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.