|§ 40-31-1||Short title|
|§ 40-31-3||Temporary presence and residency in state for purpose of responding to declared state of emergency|
|§ 40-31-4||Diversity in selection and hiring encouraged|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 40 > Chapter 31
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Joint resolution: A legislative measure which requires the approval of both chambers.
- Judgement: The official decision of a court finally determining the respective rights and claims of the parties to a suit.
- preceding: means next before. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Probate: Proving a will
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 1-1-1