|§ 40-31-1||Short title|
|§ 40-31-3||Temporary presence and residency in state for purpose of responding to declared state of emergency|
|§ 40-31-4||Diversity in selection and hiring encouraged|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 40 > Chapter 31
- circuit: means judicial circuit. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Joint resolution: A legislative measure which requires the approval of both chambers.
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidence of debt, deeds and conveyances. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- preceding: means next before. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Probate: Proving a will
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608