(a) When a document is required by law to be verified, the person required to verify it shall certify under oath or affirmation that the person has read the document and believes its content to be true.
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 09.63.040
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- oath: includes affirmation or declaration. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, or society, as well as a natural person. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
(b) The person who makes the verification shall sign it before a person authorized by law to take the person’s oath or affirmation.
(c) A verification made under this section may be in substantially the following form:
I say on oath or affirm that I have read the foregoing (or attached) document and believe all statements made in the document are true. SignatureSubscribed and sworn to or affirmed before me at on . (date) Signature of Officer Title of Officer
(d) If the verification is sworn to or affirmed before a notary public of the state, the notary public shall
(1) affix on the document the
(A) notary public’s official signature and official seal; and
(B) date of expiration of the notary public’s commission; and
(2) comply with AS 44.50.060 § 44.50.065 and other applicable law.