A. A person commits sexual conduct with a minor by intentionally or knowingly engaging in sexual intercourse or oral sexual contact with any person who is under eighteen years of age.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-1405
- Conduct: means an act or omission and its accompanying culpable mental state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Felony: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Knowingly: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Minor: means a person under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Oral sexual contact: means oral contact with the penis, vulva or anus. See Arizona Laws 13-1401
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Position of trust: means a person who is or was any of the following:
(a) The minor's parent, stepparent, adoptive parent, legal guardian or foster parent. See Arizona Laws 13-1401
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Sexual intercourse: means penetration into the penis, vulva or anus by any part of the body or by any object or masturbatory contact with the penis or vulva. See Arizona Laws 13-1401
B. Sexual conduct with a minor who is under fifteen years of age is a class 2 felony and is punishable pursuant to section 13-705. Sexual conduct with a minor who is at least fifteen years of age is a class 6 felony. Sexual conduct with a minor who is at least fifteen years of age is a class 2 felony if the person is or was in a position of trust and the convicted person is not eligible for suspension of sentence, probation, pardon or release from confinement on any basis except as specifically authorized by section 31-233, subsection A or B until the sentence imposed has been served or commuted.