A. School districts may count pupils for daily attendance as provided in section 15-901 who are not actually and physically in attendance in a recognized common or high school but who are enrolled in and actually and physically in attendance in an alternative education program which is provided by any public body or private person and which meets the standards that the state board of education and the governing board prescribe for the course of study given in the common and high schools.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 15-797
- Course: means organized subject matter in which instruction is offered within a given period of time and for which credit toward promotion, graduation or certification is usually given. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Daily attendance: means :
(a) For common schools, days in which a pupil:
(i) Of a kindergarten program or ungraded, but not group B children with disabilities, who is at least five, but under six, years of age by September 1 attends at least three-quarters of the instructional time scheduled for the day. See Arizona Laws 15-901
- Governing board: means a body organized for the government and management of the schools within a school district or a county school superintendent in the conduct of an accommodation school. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association or public or private organization of any kind. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- School district: means a political subdivision of this state with geographic boundaries organized for the purpose of the administration, support and maintenance of the public schools or an accommodation school. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Student count: means average daily membership as prescribed in this subsection for the fiscal year before the current year, except that for the purpose of budget preparation student count means average daily membership as prescribed in this subsection for the current year. See Arizona Laws 15-901
B. The governing board of a school district shall prescribe procedures for verifying the attendance of pupils enrolled in an alternative education program which is provided by any public body or private person.
C. The governing board may make payments for the cost of the education of pupils as provided in this article not to exceed the cost per student count as provided in section 15-824, subsection G.
D. School districts operating alternative schools pursuant to this section and charter schools operating on approved alternative calendars pursuant to section 15-183 shall comply with the annual hours of instruction requirement pursuant to section 15-901.