Arizona Laws 15-816. Definitions
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 15-816
- enrollment: means that a pupil is currently registered in the school district. See Arizona Laws 15-901
- Governing board: means a body organized for the government and management of the schools within a school district or a county school superintendent in the conduct of an accommodation school. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Resident pupil: means a pupil whose residence is within the attendance area of a school. See Arizona Laws 15-816
- School district: means a political subdivision of this state with geographic boundaries organized for the purpose of the administration, support and maintenance of the public schools or an accommodation school. See Arizona Laws 15-101
1. "Nonresident pupil" means a pupil who resides in this state and who is enrolled in or is seeking enrollment in a school district other than the school district in which the pupil resides.
2. "Open enrollment" means a policy that is adopted and implemented by a school district governing board to allow resident transfer pupils to enroll in any school within the school district, to allow resident pupils to enroll in any school located within other school districts in this state and to allow nonresident pupils to enroll in any school within the district pursuant to Section 15-816.01.
3. "Resident pupil" means a pupil whose residence is within the attendance area of a school.
4. "Resident school" means a school that is within the designated attendance area in which a pupil resides.
5. "Resident transfer pupil" means a resident pupil who is enrolled in or seeking enrollment in a school that is within the school district but outside the attendance area of the pupil’s residence.