|Article 1||Compulsory Attendance|
|Article 3||Attendance Supervisors|
|Article 5||Dropout Prevention and Recovery|
Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 59 > Chapter 65 - Attendance of Pupils
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Department: means the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control. See South Carolina Code 48-2-20
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- fund: means a special account established within the Treasurer's Office in which is deposited all fees as authorized by this article to be collected for the department's environmental programs. See South Carolina Code 48-2-20
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.