In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 20-1099
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Administrator" means a third party other than the warrantor who is designated by the warrantor to be responsible for the administration of vehicle protection product warranties.
2. "Incidental costs" means expenses that are specified in the vehicle protection product warranty incurred by the warranty holder relating to the failure of the vehicle protection product to perform as provided in the warranty. Incidental costs may include insurance policy deductibles, rental vehicle charges, the difference between the actual value of the stolen vehicle at the time of theft and the cost of a replacement vehicle, sales taxes, registration fees, transaction fees and mechanical inspection fees.
3. "Vehicle protection product" means a vehicle protection device, system or service that:
(a) Is installed on or applied to a vehicle.
(b) Is designed to prevent loss or damage to a vehicle from a specific cause.
(c) Includes a written warranty by a warrantor that provides if the vehicle protection product fails to prevent loss or damage to a vehicle from a specific cause, the warranty holder shall be paid specified incidental costs by the warrantor as a result of the failure of the vehicle protection product to perform pursuant to the terms of the warranty.
(d) Covers the warrantor’s liability with a warranty reimbursement insurance policy.
Vehicle protection product includes alarm systems, body part marking products, steering locks, window etch products, pedal and ignition locks, fuel and ignition kill switches and electronic, radio and satellite tracking devices.
4. "Vehicle protection product warrantor" or "warrantor" means a person who is contractually obligated to the warranty holder under the terms of the vehicle protection product warranty agreement. Warrantor does not include an authorized insurer.
5. "Warranty reimbursement insurance policy" means a policy of insurance issued to the vehicle protection product warrantor to pay on behalf of the warrantor all covered contractual obligations incurred by the warrantor under the terms and conditions of the vehicle protection product warranty. An insurer authorized to do business in this state that has filed its policy form with the department shall issue the warranty reimbursement insurance policy.